This Easter a crew of five road tripped to National Park New Zealand for an epic four day adventure weekend that included hiking, mountainbiking, rock climbing, motorbiking, chair lifts, hostel-cooking and amazing memories for all.
Ruth, Marea, Pia and Rebecca all put themselves out of their comfort zone, and did amazing; They proved that getting out and away from the city is the best way to have a long weekend!
The trip went like this:
– Friday AM: departed The Raw Kitchen
– Friday PM: arrived National Park Backpackers @ Yha then hit the Lower Tama Lake hike (access from next to Scotel driveway behind Chateau)[/span6][span6]- Saturday AM: Tongariro Crossing in terrible weather! (our luck..)
– Sunday, AM: checked out Whakapapa Village (Rob headed over to Ohakune)
– Sunday, PM: mountainbiking with MY KIWI ADVENTURE on the ‘Mountain To Sea’ track (Fisher Track, 27km of the most amazing scenery)
– Monday AM, indoor Rock Climbing with YHA (just $15, bargain!)
– Monday AM drove home, then debriefed at Chapel Bar & Bistro!
A huge shout out to our friends at Macpac who ensured all the team had great gear at special prices.
If you want to join us next time, just subscribe to our events page: There are several events in the pipeline, so sign up to them and we will see you out there soon! #gottogetout